Sunday, June 8, 2008

Purple, Purple and More Purple!





Its is only the early hours of Sunday and this is the first time in what seams like forever this weekend that I got to spend "me" time. And to not say the least I am on a purple kick...lol.
All three cards made between yesterday and today have purple in them. The first of my cards made was for our neighbours daughter who is in the hospital. We all wish her a speedy recovery and cant wait to see her smiling face back on our street. She had told me a while back her favourite color was purple so I only saw it fit to make her a card using her favourite color. When we went to visit her in the hopsital Friday nite the first words out of her mouth when she took the card out were "OHHHHHHHH I got one of the nice cards!!!!!!!" (she likes them better than Hallmarks...lol) She is such a sweet girl and it was nice lifting her spirits up even if it was only for a few minutes before she could not sit up anymore. :( The second card made was with my very first Stella that I own. I took Nicky's class last week at the store and what can I say I LOVE STELLA!!!! I was not sure when she first came out but OMG ... LOVE her. Now I need to get more Stella's :) . I made her for my elderly neighbour Betty. Its her birthday Monday. And for those that have ever met Betty they will know the card is fitting. :) Happy Birthday Betty!!!! Last but not least I figure I may as well make a card "just because" :) . Not often I don't put a sentiment on a card but I decided not to on this one as I am not sure when or to whom I will give it to. Ok enough yapping as it is now past 2am...lol. Thank you all for taking the time to stop in and take a look and leave your inspiring comments. Enjoy the rest of the weekend! TYFL!

P.S. If the weather is anything like it was today this last picture is what you will find my family doing.....lol

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Beautifull cards, and hihi nice picture playing in the sun ;-)

Jacqueline TresBella said...

Love the cards! I love purple too.

Jac

stampingtink said...

Great cards! Love the lavendar and the picture is priceless! Don't you wish we enjoyed summer with that childlike spirit?

Anonymous said...

They are GORGEOUS!!! I love purple. Those color choices are great. I love the pic of the kids also. So much fun! Summer is here!! Woo~Hoo!!!

Kim said...

Awesome cards....they are all adorable! Love the purple! I have been on a purple kick too making presents for my sister for her graduation this week!

Christi Flores said...

All of your cards are fantastic!!