Sunday, June 15, 2008

Day Six Of My Mission!



Ok so its early Sunday morning...lol. But you know as I have not been to bed yet I would say this counts as a post per day for my mission...lol.

Today was a long day for all of us. We had to deal with some family issues and then had a BIG BBQ for two of Nick's aunts and their families. The BBQ was a blast I must say and a nice ending to a long day.

Today I am showing you two cards that I worked on. The first is using my new copics and please bare with me as I am still trying to master how to use them....lol. I love the cuppacakeabella. She would be one that I can use over and over and over and always find something new to do with her.

The second card I made was using the grillafella. This was a very difficult card for me to make let alone write about. It being Fathers Day today is a very bitter sweet day for me. Dad passed away on November 9, 2007. A very short seven and a half weeks after we moved back to Ontario. I was looking so forward to this being the first Fathers Day we have shared together in 13 years. He was my rock. He was my best friend. He was my everything. Having no warning that we were going to loose him has been hard. Finding him is even harder for me to deal with. Telling mom was the killer. I look up and see him. I talk to him all the time. I wish he was here. I miss him dearly. There was so much I would have wanted to say to him had we known he would be taken from us so fast. I chose to make the grillafella card for him because BBQ`ing was his favourite thing to do on Sundays. Come rain, shine, or snow he could always be seen standing with tongs. He would sit and make his famous souvlaki and sneak a few pieces when mom was not looking....lol. She always wondered why he seamed full when we sat down to eat....lol. Later today Nick and I are going to take the girls to the cemetery and leave dad some flowers. I will also leave him the card and hope that he can see it. :) Dad was a very plain man so I saw it fot to make him a nice simple card.

Ok now I will say thank you all for coming and viewing my cards but enough yapping I have tears that need to be cleaned off my face. Hope you all have a great Sunday and a very Happy Father`s Day to your other halves. :)

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh Christine....you made me cry...we lost my husbands dad in Dec. of 06 1 week before Christmas. We had no inkling either..He was at Church playing piano and he got slower and slower until he just slumped over and was dead! I am not kidding you. Since then I have taken extra pains to make sure I stay in touch with my dad ( he lives in Or. and I am in Arkansas) more. We are closer now than ever! Thanks for your story about your dad, especially today on Father's Day. I made my dad a card using the grillafella stamp and told him to reflect on all of the bbq's we used to have when we lived in Chicago as a kid, he called me this past week to tell me he got my card and he had been remembering our happy times when my brother, sister & I were younger.

Thanks again for your story....you really touched me. I hope you have a Happy Memory Day for your Father's Day.

Big Bella Hugs to you,
Pam in Ar.
AKA CubFanBella

Kim said...

Christine my heart goes out to you and I want to send you NUMEROUS hugs on this difficult day! You have a friend here so if you need to talk I am here for you!!!!

As for your creations they are beautiful! You did AWESOME with the Copics...I am going to have to ask you for some tips when I get my Copics!
Hugs~ Kim

Mary said...

Christine,

I have been admiring your artwork every day. Today I have tears to wipe off my face too as your post made me cry. My prayers are with you and your family today. I am so sorry for your loss. I still have my Dad to celebrate with today - but two of my closest friends lost their dads this past year and so I see up close how difficult it is. Hugs from Montana, Mary.

Christi Flores said...

I am so sorry to hear about your dad's passing. Just thinking about losing my dad brings tears to my eyes. He has been my best friend my whole life. Thank you for sharing this story with us. Your cards are beautiful.

Card Creations said...

Wow your mission is great! It is making your blog better and better to read everyday!

Heather D. ~ Fresh Brewed Designs said...

your cards are gorgeous! I love everything about them. You can see the love in your fathers day card. I think God opens up windows and allows our loved ones to shine down on us. Thank you for sharing. I see we can all relate to that story in a different way. You touched my heart this morning and brought back feelings I had been hiding. God Bless.